Official CellsPeopleTree Education Society
Peopletree Education Society’s
BBA,BCA,BCOM College Belagavi
Reports of various Cells for the year 2018-19
1. Student Guidance and Redress Cell
- A Guest lecture on “Career Guidance” was organized by Smart Coaching Academy team for B.Com students on 03/08/2018. They guided on the various career opportunities available in various fields.
- Workshop on “Competitive Exam” was conducted on 11/08/2018 by Mr.
Anand Adagal and Mr. Vinay Llale from Karnataka Coaching Centre, Belagavi.They guided on how to crack the exams of SSC, railway, FDC, SDC, PSI & Postal Department etc.
2. Anti-Ragging Cell
- Anti-Ragging committee was formed on 20/08/2018 for the year 2018-19. A total of 10 members are present headed by Principal Anil M. Kanaganni Sir.
- As per the directions of MHRD, anti-ragging cell has filed the online anti-
ragging compliance online using https://anitiragging.in. Anti-ragging cell asked the student to read the Supreme Court order delivered on 8 th May 2009. The summary of the above order was posted on the college notice board.
- Students of the college after receiving the summary participated in the online confidential survey and filled the survey form and submitted online.
3. Red cross Cell
- Celebrated World Environment Day on 05/6/2018
- Celebrated International Yoga Day on 21/6/2018
- Celebrated Van Mahotsav on 17/7/2018
- Celebrated 72nd Independence Day
- Celebrated Gandhi Jayanti
- Celebrated Valmiki Jayanti on 24/10/2018
- Celebrated Rashtriya Ekata Divas on 31/10/2018
- Celebrated Karnataka Rajyotsava
- Celebrated Kanakadasa Jayanti on 26/11/2018
- Celebrated Swami Vivekananda Jayanti
- Celebrated 70 th Republic Day
- Celebrated Ambedkar Jayanti
4. Women Empowerment Cell:
- On 14/08/2018 a cultural activities including Rangoli competition, Flameless
cooking, Flower arrangement was held and many girl students from all the department were participated. Prof. Manisha Nadagoud from B.D. Jatti College was the judge.
- Centre for Women & Gender Studies had organized an awareness session on “Health and Hygiene was conducted on 09/10/2018. Mr.Praveen Hiremath was a resource person.
- On 7/03/2019 on eve of International Women’s Day celebration in our college various competitions were conducted specially for women to showcase their talent. Competitions included were Vegetable Carving & Painting (Theme- Women Empowerment)
- International Women’s Day was celebrated on 8/03/2019. Dr. Sonali Sarnobat, head of Niyati foundation addressed the students and staff.
5. Human Resource Development Cell:
- Workshop on “Opportunity for BBA students in IT Sector” was conducted on 11/07/2018 by Mr, Vikram Marali, TechTree IT System, Belagavi
- Workshop was conducted by Smart Coaching Academy for BBA department on 19/07/2018. Mr. Shinivas addressed the students about How to crack competitive exams.
- A Guest lecture on “Cloud Computing and AWS Training & Certification” was conducted on 21/07/2018 by Cloud Academy, Belagavi
- A Guest Lecture conducted on 24/07/2018 on Personality Development by Mr. Atul V. Deshmukh.
- A Guest Lecture conducted on 31/07/2019 on “Save Water” by Mrs. Arati Bhandari
- A Guest lecture on Soft Skill Training was conducted on 18/09/2018 by Mr. Anil M, Master English Academy, Belagavi
- A Guest lecture on “Career Guidance and Placement Opportunities” was conducted on 25/08/2018 by Mr, Vikram Marali, TechTree IT System, Belagavi
6. SC/ST Cell:
- Every year college hold meeting for SC/ST students and all the SC/ST students were invited for the meeting. For the academic 2018-19 the meeting was held on 05/10/2018. In the meeting students were asked to express their issues if any and even the students were informed about the facilities related to scholarships.
- Students were advised to submit various documents required to get the scholarships. The cell had filled the online applications for free of cost. All the students whose application was filled in the college office received the scholarship from the social welfare department and govt of India. The details of the scholarship amount are maintained in the college office.
7. Anti Sexual Harassment Cell:
- Anti Sexual Harassment Cell committee for the academic year 2018-19 was formed on 13 th August 2018.
- A session on being aware and protection from sexual harassment at work area and also outside work area for Boys and Girls was conducted on 10/01/2019 by Adv. Elsie Tenzing.
- A session was conducted by Mr. Deepak Hosamani, student of BBA and also a Professional Trainer of Taekwando from 19 th March 2019 to 21 st March 2019. He also practiced some exercises, punches and kicks during the tree days session.
8. Placement Cell:
- Job Fair 2019 District Employment exchange Belgavi on behalf of Department of Skill development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Industrial Training and Employment Commissionerate had conducted a Mega Job Fair at PeopleTree College premises on 28th Feb 2019. More than 25 companies had participated in the Job Fair and the students of BBA, BCA and BCom was invited to take part and get the benefits of the same.
- Club Apparel LLC, Dubai On 4 th October 2018 we received an invitation regarding the vacancies available at Club Apparel LLC,Dubai, UAE for the post of Loyalty Executive – Business Analyst. The 1 st round skype interview was conducted on 16 th April 2019. Round 2: After the 1 st round, on 17 th April 2019 the students were given an assignment to suggest 5 – 10 features in the company’s mobile app and also to identify the most important feature change and prepare a required document. The final interview was conducted on 12 th May 2019. Mr. Akshay Parmaj and Mr. Sambhaji Desai got selected as Loyalty Executive – Business Analyst, Club Apparel LLC, Dubai, UAE.
- Campus Drive Invitation from McDonald’s: 5 th April 2019 Post : Guest Leader Experience Resource Persons: Miss. Renugadevi (Assistant Manager – People resource) and Rachita Gosh (Deputy Manager – People Resources) Round 1: Online aptitude test conducted on 16 th April 2019 in the college premises Round 2: Campus Drive – Face to Face Interview on 13 th May 2019 Colleges participated: Jain College, Gogte College, Lingraj College and Gomtesh College Round 3: On – the – Job Evaluation – Miss. Kajal Rao was shortlisted for the same. Selection: Miss Kajal Rao from PeopleTree Education Society has been selected.
Peopletree Education Society
Plot No.10588/1,2,3 Behind Hotel Ramdev, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum, Karnataka 590010.
Phone Number: 9620271868